It’s that time again!
“Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.”
1. The Tenth Girl by Sara Faring: The premise has been drawing me in ever since I read it and now that it’s out, it’s killing me inside because I’ve put myself on a book-buying ban. But this book is PERFECT for a Halloween-y read.
2. The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black (Book 3 of The Folk Of The Air trilogy): Just finished the second book in this series which ended in a cliffhanger. I am ready to read the third one and finish up this series with a hopefully satisfying ending!
3. Trials of Apollo: The Tyrant’s Tomb by Rick Riordan: There is probably not one of Riordan’s books I don’t immediately read within two months of getting the book. I’ve got this pre-ordered and can’t wait to continue reading!
4. Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco: Now that the fourth and final book is out in this series, I can start reading book 3, and this way, I won’t be too far in between reading both of the last half of the series. I’ve just been putting off reading this for so long because it’ll mean the end of a series, but I’m ready!
5. Legendary by Stephanie Garber: Have you noticed the trend yet? I just recently reread Caraval, had not gotten to the other books in the series, and it is time I stopped putting it off. I’ve actually already at least started listing to the audiobook right before bed but haven’t start the official read yet.
6. Finale by Stephanie Garber: And after finishing Legendary, I don’t anticipate waiting for too long after to read the last one of the series!
7. Outlander by Diane Gabaldon: The main reason for this one on here is because I started watching the show. Once I heard it was a series, though, I had to stop. Is it me or does the book/show give a distinct “Fall read” impression?
8. Not Even Bones by Rebecca Schaeffer: Another spooky read or at least something perfect for October read! It’s a trilogy and I will kick myself later for not just waiting to have the entire series in my hands, but I got a read-a-thon for next month I have to cover!
9. These Witches Don’t Burn by Isabel Sterling: I’m doing a Hocus Pocus Read-a-Thon for next month and one of the ways to build up points is to read books about witches. This will certainly by an October read.
10. Amber & Dusk by Lyra Selene: Everything else picked in this list has some sort of reasoning – series or theme, but this is a totally random inclusion. Honestly, the reason I added it is because I have had the book borrowed from a friend of mine since January and I think it’s about time I read it and returned it! May end up being a November read though.
What are some of your Fall TBRs for this year?